The Provision of the Commission on media of the Executive Committee of the World Congress of Tatars
1.1. The Commission on Media of the World Congress of Tatars Executive Committee (here and after the Commission) was formed by the decision of the World Congress of Tatars as a structural subdivision of the WCT Executive committee in order to attract a wide range of specialists in the formation of social consciousness, prominent journalists, scientists, public figures to discuss issues of national journalism and the role of the media in preservation and development of the Tatar ethnos.
1.2. The Commission is guided by the legislation of the Russian Federation, Republic of Tatarstan, norms of International law, the decisions of the convention of the WCT and this Regulation.
1.3. The main tasks of the Commission are the following:
- Promoting to development and dissemination of Tatar newspapers, magazines, TV and radio programs in the Republic of Tatarstan and in the regions of Tatars residence, improving the activity of the national media, increasing their competitiveness;
- The preparation of expert opinions, proposals and recommendations to the Executive Committee of the WCT, other non-governmental organizations, bodies of the RT government and Russian regions for development of the national media and objective coverage of national and cultural development issues in international, federal, regional and local media;
- Consolidation of Tatar journalists in order to promote democratic principles and the rule of law and civil society, to meet the needs of national and cultural Tatar population.
2. Directions of work of the Commission
2.1. When considering questions related to its competence, the Commission carries out its activities following the directions:
- Protection of freedom of speech and the right to disseminate and receive information in the countries and regions of the Tatars living;
- Interaction with the editors of print and electronic media, providing information for Tatar population, exchange of experience and necessary information;
- Assist journalists in their professional development and enhance their political and general culture;
- Organization of competitions, quizzes, training courses for journalists of national publications and media covering of ethnic and cultural life of the Tatars;
- Organization of cultural events and promotions that contribute to the creation of a common information space of the Tatar people, interaction of Tatars journalists and media of Tatars living in the regions with community organizations, editorial boards of newspapers, magazines, television, radio of the Republic of Tatarstan.
2.2. The Commission to perform its functions, has the right to carry out:
- a) Preparation of proposals for project plans of the Board of the WCT and other interested organizations;
- b) dissemination of information in the journalistic community on the most pressing problems of the Tatar people;
- c) organization of journalists performing in the mass media of Tatarstan and the other regions on issues of ethno-cultural development of the Tatars;
- g) submission of the most productive and skilled journalists for their awarding and encouraging measures to stimulate the Executive Committee of the WCT, professional and creative organizations.
3. Procedure of work of the Commission
3.1. The Commission carries out its activities within the perspective plans of the Executive Committee the WCT, as well as – on the basis of plans and decisions taken at meetings of the Commission.
3.2. The Commission is a collegial advisory body. Meetings of the Committee shall be held at least twice a year.
3.3. The Commission is created and abolished by the decision of the WCT.
Chairman of the media commission
- Aminov Ilshat Yunusovich
- Safin Ramis Farukovich
Members of the media commission
- Kilmukhametov Ramil Mingalievich
- Minnakhmetov Irek Zaudatovich
- Muslimov Ilyas Bulatovic
- Mukhametzyanov Raphael Rafkatovich
- Safiullina Faviya Ahtyamovna
- Fayzullin Vagiz Ismagilovich
- Sharifullin Ravil Gilmullovich