“And you are worthy of brave ancestors, and before the time used to not bend, the Tatar forged language …”
Party in the style of “Evening Urgant”: this way Kazan celebrated the 80th anniversary of Rabit Batulla
«Live! Struggle for the Tatar language! “- the writer Rabit Batullah said on the eve of his jubilee evening at the Kamalovsky Theater. To congratulate the hero of the day. the color of the Tatar intelligentsia have come. A new Minister of Culture of the Republic of Tatarstan, Irada Ayupova, also appeared on the anniversary. The correspondent of BUSINESS Online heard chairman of the Union of Tajik Writers Danil Salikhov singing , and found out why Farid Mukhametshin had urged Batullu to run for the State Council.
MAIN DREAM OF RABIT BATULLA, PERSPECTIVE TO LIVE 22 YEARS AND THE FUTURE OF TATAR LANGUAGE
Rabit Batulla, whose jubilee evening was held on the first working day of May, appeared on the eve of the Kamalovsky Theater, as it should be, a couple of hours prior the start of the celebration. Behind the scenes the correspondent of BUSINESS Online approached the aksakal and asked how he had “come to life like this”:
– Well, how do they live to 80? Naturally, getting old. And praise is due to Allah, because I can say that I will die having got old. You can not yet boast of it, but I can: I have not died young. and will not die, what I wish you all.
– Rabit aby, you, probably, still happy that you have worthy successors: son Nurbek has won the “Golden Mask” …
– I myself reacted with restraint, but Nurbek’s mother was very worried. But, when they found out, they were delighted. This does not need to be particularly admired, as with the New Year: people attach great importance to this holiday, but for me it’s an ordinary day, because I always work.
– By the way, you worked on this stage, and two years as an actor …
– Yes, I was an actor, staged one play as a director, this is my father’s house, I spent all the holidays here: 50, 55, 65 and 70 years old, I managed to reach 80, maybe I’ll manage if live to see …
– You played 57 years ago – something has changed, can you assess the Kamalovsky Theater of our days?
– I do not like to give assessments, but today’s troupe fulfills its mission. Critics now say everything, but then they are critics, it’s their bread. I believe that criticism should be constructive, like praise.
– What about the Tatar language – does it has a future, including on the stage? And will his appeal of Tatarstan parliamentarians to the federal colleagues save it?
– I look with hope on this, they would not kill the Tatar language. Yes, maybe someone will be russified, let them disappear. We are 20 million, not 7, as they say, even if half of them disappear, there will be 10 million Tatar speaking people!
“Then what have you prepared for them?”
– Here are the books on this scene – 77 pieces, I’m writing, maybe I’m a graphomaniac, I still have to publish 10 volumes this year. These are two main gifts – books and the conquest by the son of the Golden Mask. My Nurbek spoke at the ceremony of receiving it in Tatar. Is not this happiness?
– Have you any dreams left?
– I dream of an easy death – to fall asleep and not wake up. My mother and grandmother left this world in a dream, that is, not to die from illness, but from wear and tear. Mom passed away at 102, left in her right mind and with good appetite.
– We can assume that you have 22 years in reserve …
– This is only known to Allah …