The VI Convention of the World Congress of Tatars
August 3, 2017
City of Kazan
August 2 – 3, 2017 in Kazan, the 6th Congress of the World Congress of Tatars was held, in which ____ delegates and ____ guests from the Republic of Tatarstan, ____ regions of the Russian Federation and _____ foreign countries took part.
We, the delegates of the VI Congress of the World Congress of the Tatars:
– We express our desire for unity of the Tatar people, preservation and development of our native language, culture and traditions, strengthening of harmony and good-neighborliness with representatives of all nations;
– We support the course of the leadership of the Russian Federation in upholding the interests of the country on the international arena, ensuring the implementation of the State National Policy Strategy, program measures aimed at preserving and developing the languages, cultures and traditions of the peoples living in Russia, the formation of an all-Russian civil identity;
– We condemn the policy of sanctions against Russia on the part of the United States of America, cynically using political instruments in competition, which negatively affects cooperation with European countries, artificially creates an atmosphere of intolerance and confrontation;
– We note the positive activity of the bodies of state and municipal authorities of the Republic of Tatarstan in creating decent conditions for the representatives of all the peoples inhabiting it, as well as supporting the ethno-cultural development of the Tatars living outside the republic;
– We welcome the growing role of Tatar public organizations in solving urgent issues of ethnocultural development of the Tatar people, taking into account the threats and challenges of our time, positive activity during the 25 years of the World Congress of Tatars on consolidation of the nation;
– We note a high importance of the assistance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia and Rossotrudnichestvo in organizing and carrying out activities to popularize Tatar culture and traditions as an important component of Russian culture and national diversity in foreign countries, further consolidation of Tatars from abroad;
– We state a successful implementation of the state programs “Preservation, Study and Development of the State Languages of the Republic of Tatarstan and Other Languages in the Republic of Tatarstan for 2014-2020”, “Preservation of the National Identity of the Tatar People (2014 2019)”, “Implementation of the State National Policy in the Republic of Tatarstan For the period from 2014 to 2020 “;
– We mark a high importance for the Tatars of the world of the publication of the seven-volume History of the Tatars from ancient times, as well as ongoing scientific applied research;
– We consider creation and development of the Bolgarian Islamic Academy as an important project as a scientific, educational and spiritual educational center based on the traditional spiritual values of our ancestors;
– We support development of the television channel TNV-planet, the resources of Tatar Ile and Ana tele, the Tatar editorial office of the Tatar-inform Agency, the creation of the Internet portal “The Center for Tatar Literature” as facilitating mainstreaming of Tatars living outside the Republic of Tatarstan to language and culture of the Tatar people;
– We recognize a successful practice and the significant potential for implementation of modern projects of associations created at the World Congress of Tatars: the World Social Organization of Tatar Women “Ak Kalfak”, the World Forum of Tatar Youth, the World Association of Assistance to Tatar Entrepreneurs, the All-Russian Public Organization “Tatar village of Russia”, Public organization “Federation of National Sports Contest” Tatarcha koresh”, All-Russian Public Fund” Tatar family ” All-Tatar society of local lore, congresses of teachers and other forms of consolidation of public forces of the people;
– We express our conviction that at an important historical stage the Treaty on delimitation of the subjects of jurisdiction and authority between the bodies of state power of the Russian Federation and the bodies of state power of the Republic of Tatarstan played a positive role in ethno-cultural, socio-economic and socio-political development of Tatarstan and the Russian Federation as a whole ;
– We support the appeal by the State Council of the Republic of Tatarstan on maintaining the post of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan as a positively recommended form of organization of the highest state power in the republic and expressing the national interests of the entire Tatar people;
– We consider it necessary to concentrate efforts of the Tatar public organizations on preservation and development of the Tatar language, culture and traditions of the people;
– We express the desire for active constructive cooperation of Tatar organizations with public associations, state and municipal authorities of countries and regions of compact living of Tatars in the interests of preserving peace and harmony, increasing social and economic well-being and creating decent conditions for the ethno-cultural development of all peoples.
Having heard the speech by the President of the Republic of Tatarstan, R.N. Minnikhanov, the report by the WCT Executive Committee and speeches by the congress participants, having analyzed the development of the Tatar social movement at the present stage, the delegates of the VI Congress of the World Congress of Tatars HAVE RESOLVED:
1. To acknowledge the work of the Executive Committee of the World Congress of Tatars between the V and VI congresses (2012-2017) _________________________.
2. Develop with participation of the general public and adopt the Platform for preservation and development of the language and spiritual heritage of the Tatar people.
3. To approve the projects of the creation of the Museum of the Tatar emigration and the Portrait Gallery of the Tatar people, for public associations to join the work on the formation of the base of exhibits.
4. To address the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation with a proposal to ratify by Russia the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage adopted on October 17, 2003 by the UNESCO General Conference with a view to the subsequent inclusion in the Representative list of the intangible cultural heritage of mankind the National holiday of the Tatar people “Sabantui” and the Russian national holiday “Karavon” reflecting the cultural and historical heritage of the peoples of Russia.
5. To appeal to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation with proposals on the need:
– granting the right to pupils of national schools to pass the Unified State Exam in their native language;
– developing a regulatory and legal document regulating the provision, including financial, of the rights of citizens to learn in their native language and studying their native language.
6. To address the leaders of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation with the proposal to create the necessary conditions for the satisfaction of constitutional educational rights in the study of the native language of the Tatars and representatives of other peoples of the Russian Federation that are compactly residing in the regions, including ensuring budgetary financing for corresponding costs.
7. To appeal to the Government of the Republic of Tatarstan with a proposal to consider the possibility:
– inclusion in the program “Preservation of the national identity of the Tatar people (2014 – 2019)” preparation and publication of the history of the Tatar settlements of the Russian Federation;
– creation of a children’s educational channel in the Tatar language.
8. The newly elected governing body of the Congress:
– to develop a set of measures aimed at eliminating shortcomings and implementing the proposals made by the participants of the congress;
– to develop methodological recommendations reflecting the best practices on issues of ethno-cultural development and interaction with state and municipal authorities in places of compact residence of Tatars;
– to contribute to the further development of the system for facilitating the admission of college-leavers from Russia and abroad to higher educational institutions located on the territory of Tatarstan;
– organize preparation of short cultural reference books on the national and cultural centers of the Tatars, important historical events, traditions, customs of the Tatar people, including using modern info-communication technologies.
9. For regional organizations of the Tatars, in cooperation with the WCT to become very active in nominating and implementing initiatives aimed at preserving and developing the language, culture and traditions of the Tatars living in the region.
10. Carry out a purposeful work aimed at correctly reflecting the Tatars in the All-Russia Population Census in 2020.