International conference “Gayaz Iskhaki and national revival of Tatars in the beginning of the XX century” will be held in Kazan
April 25-26, 2018 in Kazan an international scientific and practical conference “Gayaz Iskhaki and the national revival of the Tatars in the early twentieth century” will be held. It is dedicated to the 140th anniversary of the outstanding public figure, writer and playwright Gayaz Iskhaki (1878-1954).
The main directions of the conference:
- creativity of Gayaz Iskhaki in the context of Turkic-Tatar and world literature;
- socio-philosophical, socio-political, aesthetic and linguistic aspects of the artistic, publicistic and epistolary heritage of Gayaz Iskhaki;
- formation and development of the Tatar periodical press of the first quarter of the 20th century and Gayaz Iskhaki;
- formation of the ideology of national revival and Gayaz Iskhaki;
– Gayaz Iskhaki in the socio-political movement of the Turkic peoples;
– Gayaz Iskhaki and the Tatar Theater;
– Tatar intellectuals in emigration;
– Gayaz Iskhaki and Tatar culture of the twentieth – early nineteenth centuries. XXI centuries;
– study of life and creativity, preservation and propaganda of the heritage of Gayaz Iskhaki.
Coordinator of the scientific-practical conference is the Institute of Language, Literature and Art after G. Ibragimov, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan.