In 2016, the Executive Committee of the World Congress of Tatars, members of its cultural-educational organization and created under the WCT public formations, in close cooperation with the authorities of the Republic of Tatarstan and the Russian regions, foreign Tatar communities, in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation, Republic of Tatarstan, norms of international law have conducted a purposeful work on preservation of language, culture and traditions of the Tatar people. During the all-Tatar, regional, national and sectoral cultural activities and humanitarian actions in the spotlight were specific measures to attract
the Tatar public to the native language, national culture, educating the young generation in the spirit of national traditions.
The main forces and resources in 2016 have been focused on implementing state programs of the Republic of Tatarstan to preserve ethnic identity of the Tatar people, the preservation, study and development of the state and other languages in the Republic of Tatarstan for 2014-2020, implementation of the national policy pursuit by the Republic of Tatarstan.
Also, successfully the forums of youth and women, all-Russia Forum of rural entrepreneurs and religious leaders, traditional Bulgarian Djien Federal and All-Russian rural Sabantuy, All-Tatar and Russian competitions and festivals that make a significant contribution to the preservation of language, culture and traditions of the Tatar people.
Considerably international activity of the WCT Ex.Com has grown in the context of scale events held with the participation of the Republic of
Tatarstan President Rustam Minnikhanov as part of his business trips to foreign countries.
The work to promote Tatar entrepreneurship has been continued, the information security of the spiritual development of the people and international peace, improving the work of the Tatar media, the study of local history, the role of women and the family in upbringing of the younger generation in the spirit of national traditions.
The most resonant events of the year have become large-scale events: Congress of “European Alliance of Tatars”, the World Forum of Tatar women “Ak kalfak” and Tatar youth.
At a meeting of the WCT Executive Committee also the problems of learning native language, reducing Tatar schools and classes, insufficient organizational and educational work among the Tatar youth, lack of effectiveness of the formation of its national and cultural identity were marked .
The participants of the meeting of the Executive Committee of the WCT pointed out that the work of all structures of the WCT in 2017 should be
directed to the implementation of decisions of V convention of the WCT and the successful holding of the VI Convention of the World Congress of Tatars. This will be an important test for the Executive Committee of the WCT , its Bureau, the regional organizations, foreign societies of Tatars.
Having heard and discussed presentations and proposals received, the participants of extended final meeting of the Executive Committee HAVE RESOLVED the following :
– To approve the plan of actions of the Board of WCT in 2017;
– To strengthen and improve the activities of the Executive Committee of the CGT, its branches and divisions, aimed at the preservation and development of the Tatar language and culture, the revival of its traditions and customs;
– In all organizations relating to the WCT, to develop a plan of priority measures addressing
the issues related to the preservation of national and cultural identity of the Tatars and the satisfaction of spiritual, cultural and linguistic needs of the Tatar population;
– Tatar national-cultural organizations of Russian regions and foreign communities, together with the representatives of the Republic of Tatarstan must be actively involved in the preparation and conducting elections of delegates and preparations for VI Congress of the WCT, development of new projects aimed at solving problems of ethnocultural Tatar population;
– To take steps to continue and improve the work on the interaction of national and cultural organizations with Tatar business community, business cooperation of Tatar entrepreneurs with the economic structures of the Republic of Tatarstan;
– To take measures to preserve existing schools and classes with the Tatar ethno-cultural component. To provide comprehensive assistance to primary schools with teaching in native language. To
conduct a targeted work with parents and the school authorities;
– To conduct ongoing monitoring of the status of the study of the native language in educational institutions in cooperation with the municipal education authorities;
– To maintain and disseminate the experience of businessmen from Russian regions, who assist in repair of schools and kindergartens;
– To continue the work on the creation of multicultural boarding schools for gifted children, private Tatar and Muslim schools to study native language, culture and traditions;
– Tatar public organizations and communities in foreign countries, together with the permanent representatives of the Republic of Tatarstan, to keep the focus of the activities on Sunday schools, to constantly improve their work, greater use of institutional and financial capacity of the Federal Agency for CIS Affairs and Compatriots of “Rossotrudnichestvo” agency;
– Together with the authorities of Tatarstan and the Tatars living in regions actively to use opportunities to participate in competitions for the republican and federal grants in the field of preservation and development of national education, culture, language and traditions;
– To contribute to the commemorative festivals held, dedicated to 620 anniversary of the settlement of the Tatars in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania;
– For World Forum of Tatar youth to strengthen arrangements for the involvement of young Tatars to preserve the language, culture and identity of the Tatar people, greater use of the opportunities for Internet project – online school, “Ana tele,” the International Olympiad on Tatar language and literature;
– For Tatar public organizations and foreign communities to continue to work for the ethno-sociological, ethnological and complex linguistic, historical and archaeological researches in the regions of Russia and foreign countries;
– To take measures to include the routes of youth tourist groups of compatriots to sightseeing of Kazan, Bulgar, Ukek, Isker and Saray-Berke, related to the history, culture and traditions of the Tatar people.