Today, the first discussion of the draft Strategy for the Development of the Tatar People has been held at the World Congress of Tatars. It was conducted by Deputy Prime Minister of Tatarstan, Chairman of the National Council of the World Tatar Congress, Vasil Shaikhraziev. Experts include scientists, writers, politicians, etc.
Vasil Shaykhraziev noted that after the draft Strategy had been presented at the regions of Tatarstan and in the federal districts, many comments, suggestions and criticisms were made. We tried to be mobile and take into account interesting opinions, he noted.
First, the experts were given the opportunity to get acquainted with the project, to study it in detail. After that, we went to the discussion. The main proposals voiced at the meeting:
- Add to the section of education and science. To clarify how the opening and restoration of Tatar schools should be carried out and who should do this work?
- Determine the development of national education in conjunction with the Spiritual Administration of Muslims.
- Explain the scientific terms set forth in the draft.
- To study the demographic situation of the Tatars, migration issues
- Determine the mechanism of working with parents
- Introduce the concept of extraterritorial muәhall
- Replenish the characteristics of each direction
- Increase the number of events related to the history of the Tatar people
- Popularization of such events as “Nysel Kyyennary”, “Avyl Kyyennary”
- Develop new mechanisms to attract young people
- Search for the development of national media
The Chairman of the National Council, Vasil Shaykhraziev, invited the experts to reconsider their proposals and in a few days to get together again and discuss the draft document.
We remind that on June 15, a presentation of the Strategy project will be held at Izge Bolgar Zhyeny. Amendments to the project can be made in the future. Work on the project will be conducted until August 1, said Vasil Shaikhraziev. The strategy should be adopted at a meeting of the National Council on August 30.