This year, 4.32 billion rubles are allocated from the federal budget to support non-profit non-governmental organizations. Organizations that participate in developing civil society institutions that implement socially significant projects and projects in the field of protecting human and civil rights and freedoms can apply for grants of the President of the Russian Federation
The following projects are accepted for the competition:
- social services, social support and protection of citizens;
- protection of public health, promotion of a healthy lifestyle;
- support for family, motherhood, paternity and childhood;
- support for youth projects, implementation of which covers the activities provided for in Article 31.1 of the Federal Law of January 12, 1996, No. 7-FZ “On Non-Profit Organizations”;
- support of projects in the field of science, education;
- support of projects in the field of culture and art;
- preservation of historical memory;
- protection of human and civil rights and freedoms, including protection of prisoners’ rights;
- environmental protection and animal protection;
- strengthening interethnic and interreligious harmony;
- development of public diplomacy and support of compatriots;
- development of civil society institutions.
To participate in the competition, a non-profit non-governmental organization must submit to the Foundation for Presidential Grants an application prepared in accordance with regulations on the competition. The electronic form of its filling is posted on the official website at президентскиегранты.рф.
Acceptance of documents for participation in the first contest is completed on May 31. The second one starts on August 16 and will last until September 29.